BMW Group recognises BASF for outstanding innovations 23rd November 2018
The BMW Group has honoured suppliers for their outstanding innovations and development work for the fifth time with the BMW Supplier Innovation Award: A total of 15 suppliers were recognised for their achievements and exceptional collaboration on Wednesday evening at BMW Group Plant Landshut. In the categories Productivity, Sustainability, Efficient Dynamics, Digitalization and Emotional Experience five winners were selected.
BASF won this year’s award in the ‘Sustainability’ category, for “best CO2 performance with ambitious goals”. In the report published by the non-governmental organization CDP, BASF achieved the best performance in CO2 emissions and anchoring the fight against climate change within the company. BASF is also working to reduce its own suppliers’ emissions and is essentially oriented towards the global two-degree target.
The winners of the BMW Supplier Innovation Award 2018 are:
- Sustainability: BASF for the best CO2 performance with ambitious goals
- Productivity: 3Con for the world’s fastest press laminating system
- Efficient Dynamics: LG Chem for their 12V lithium-ion battery
- Digitalization: Inrix for their on-street parking navigation system
- Emotional Experience: Preh for their modular centre-console control panel.
“Close cooperation with our suppliers is the basis for guaranteeing supply security at all our production locations worldwide, as well as ensuring innovation in future areas of mobility,” said Dr. Andreas Wendt, member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, responsible for Purchasing and Supplier Network.