Clariant offers new perspective on sustainability to coatings producers at European Coatings Show 2019 19th December 2018
Clariant, a world leader in specialty chemicals, teases the first insights into its immersive European Coatings Show 2019 showcase inspired by the global need for sustainable cities (Booth 7-123).
Under the theme ‘Think.Do.Paint! For a new perspective’, Clariant invites visitors to discover colours and additives developed to help decorative, industrial and automotive coatings make a sustainable difference to the various elements of the urbanization megatrend: homes, buildings, construction, transport and lifestyle products.
In addition, the colours of the future for automotive exteriors are ready to be explored with the launch of Clariant’s new Automotive Styling Shades Trendbook 2021-2023.
People from all key industries and end market application areas for paints and coatings will be able to find added value benefits and application design freedom from the wide range of innovative Clariant products available:
Safer, easier to use, sustainable solutions for homes, buildings & construction
- New sustainable 2-in-1 dispersion additive for manufacturing safer, easier to apply, biocide-free formulations that are suitable for ecolabeled indoor paints for home and building decoration.
- New dispersant additive for waterborne organic and selective inorganic pigment and carbon black concentrates, offering enhanced colours, improved storage stability, low foaming and easier formulation.
- Sustainable wax additive based on 100% renewable resources, providing smooth touch and high scratch resistance to wood and offering enhanced pigment dispersion to increase colour strength of powder coatings.
- Clariant EcoTain certified light stabilizers for waterborne coatings, suitable for plastic, clearcoat and architectural façade coatings, bringing sustainability and performance together.
- Non-halogenated flame retardants – colourless key ingredient for transparent intumescent wood coatings, suitable on dark and light coloured wood, meeting stringent fire regulations for public building applications, and ingredients for steel prolonging the shelf-life of water-based intumescent coatings and improving safety under challenging weather conditions.
- Efficient and economic production of high volume colour shades for industry applications such as container ships, agricultural and construction machinery and off highway vehicles.
- Structuring of megacities with decorative roadmarkings manufactured with easy dispersible technologies.
Sustainable colour boost for ‘lifestyle’ consumer goods, equipment & vehicles
- Sustainable high-performance DPP (Diketopyrrolopyrrol) pigments for brillant colours, with very high resistance to heat and UV weathering, for industrial, decorative and automotive coatings.
- Ready-to-use ‘super transparent’ preparations based on non-halogenated pigments for fast creation of latest designer colours and eye-catching metallic and mineral effects for consumer products needing a high quality aesthetic surface finish.
- Launch of Clariant’s new Automotive Styling Shades Trendbook 2021-2023.
Visit Clariant’s Business Units Additives, Industrial & Consumer Specialties, and Pigments at European Coatings Show 2019 at the Nuremberg Exhibition Center, March 19-21, 2019.